Monday, January 18, 2010

Back in...

Black, gold, & gloriously large cubic zirconias.I've decided to revive this blog of mine just before the end of the first month of the new year. Usually if I find myself neglecting a project this long I'd kill it and create a new yet similar project hoping to cover up my disappointment in failing to keep up with the old one but the times have change and the new year calls for new habits. This habit I'm trying hard to adopt is finish everything I start. Overtime I've found that I'm great at starting things but awful at finishing them. This applies to almost everything in my life from something as simple as an essay to just general goals I set for myself. It's definitely not a feature I want to keep for too much longer.

What are your top five new years resolutions?
1. Stay on top of my school and put an end to the P-word.
2. Get healthy.
3. Find a job.
4. Get a license. (I know so sad! In college & no license)
5. Finish everything I start.

What are your top five Fashion-related new years resolutions?

1. Start wearing whatever I want.
Photobucket
Sometimes I find myself holding back in fashion mostly because I don't want to be the subject of a snarky comment/s. Don't get me wrong I appreciate my own fashion sense and take my style in stride but I will admit to being a little overly self conscious every once in a while.

2. LEARN TO WALK IN HEELS, AGAIN.
Photobucket
Although my wardrobe isn't necessarily shoe heavy (especially in the heels dep.) I do often day dream myself walking down the street in a fabulous outfit that can only reach its full potential with a great pair of heels. And even though I don't live in a fashion-forward town I would like to incorporate a platform here and there without having to look like I'm literally walking on eggshells for too long.

3. Collect Coats
Photobucket
Aside from jewelry another one of my greatest fashion fetishes is coats. Coats, I feel, are the most practical, functional statement pieces one can have in their wardrobe. I feel there's also a culture that comes with wearing a coat. When I think of a big, wool, almost floor length coat I think of the on-the-go working man or women in New York.

4. Stones, stones, &...well...more stones.
Photobucket
I've noticed in the last couple years or so that in buying and collecting jewelry I've stuck to the same thing; gold & animals and more often than not gold & animals combined. I want to search out and learn to incorporate more aztec, tribal, ethnic pieces with exotic designs and stones into my look. It's not that I don't like them it's just that I'd like to mix it up a bit and incorporate obviously more turquoise as well as lapis, amethyst, and many many more. I don't feel I give them a fair shot and being a self-proclaimed "jewellery maven" of sorts requires a little bit of diversity, no?

5. Blog! More!
Photobucket
I've abandoned my baby of a blog and I couldn't feel any worse about it. I know we've all slipped up before but I practically orphaned it in the sometimes scary world that is known as the internet.



I know it's a little late to share resolutions but feel free! fashion-related or not!
Til next time, xoxoRJC

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I think the "blog more" thing definitely applies to me but thankfully I've never had a problem in heels. I can run in them, practically!

    ReplyDelete